Valorant fans have been asking for Jett to be nerfed for some time, but the recent changes to the agent have been hugely controversial.
The overwhelming feeling from the player base was that while Riot implemented some changes for the Popular Agent, they were bad changes and negatively affected the meta.
Riot Games has now officially confirmed why they decided to make these changes to the Agent as part of the latest State of The Agents blog post.
Here are the changes Riot confirmed as part of patch 3.06 for Jett:
Reduced Cloudburst loads 3 >>> 2
- Our feeling here is that Jett has one too many cigarettes, and that helped make it seem like she could use them anytime, have more to spare, or spam them without giving it much thought.
- The reduced charges for his smoke should hopefully make the choice of smoking a choke point, smoking a path for a dash, or going one way, more tactical.
Bladestorm right click / alternate fire kills no longer recharge Jett’s kunai
- By removing the cooldown, we’re hoping the Jett sector will be optimized for unique kunai kills in order to maintain the Bladestorm and really play into Jett’s high-precision fantasy.
- We want to encourage high proficiency primary fire while allowing the option of low risk, low reward burst fire.
Bladestorm Right click / Alt.
- Fire damage changes are negated, damage and multipliers will reflect left click
- We’ve seen Jett’s right click be very unpredictable and we think it’s confusing to have different damage rules than left click. This change should unify how the two shooting modes work and provide a bit more predictability if Jett decides to go for single kill as opposed to chain.
Read more: Valorant 3.06 patch notes: release date, download size, leaks, game system updates, social media, bug fixes and more
Why was Jett nerfed to Valorant?
John Goscicki, character producer for Valorant at Riot, confirmed why the dev team decided to make these changes. He said, “In the various professional / MMR game lines, we see game models that far exceed the space we have created for her as a Duelist.
“Our goal with Jett is an agent that is used to capitalize on high mechanical skill releases via precise gameplay. Currently, however, we are seeing the right-click / alt-fire Bladestorm having an inordinate effect on towers without the need for ‘precise execution, which should be the case.
“As we also mentioned in the [patch] Notes, the number of Cloudburst fumes she had made it easier than expected to get out of risky situations. The reduction in the number of fumes is aimed at forcing Jett to use each smoke sparingly, with more calculation in mind.
“Ultimately, we believe this change should refine his identity. We know that for some this is a welcome change and for others it can cause pain. Once these changes are complete, we’ll monitor them to see if any tracking adjustments are needed.
“We know there are many angles to consider around Jett and his current condition; Once these changes are complete, we will monitor it closely and assess if any further adjustments are needed.
Enter the September contest to win a PS5
You can find all the latest gaming news here on GiveMeSport.
News Now – Sports News